Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Something I can relate to now, that's it."



Sweet sounds of melancholy came with the beat/
Rain Drops Rhymed their song of war against my peace/
Washing their misconception upon empty streets/
Where men dressed like men but in the form of beasts
Still warfare yet in fields battles didn’t end there/
Turned on the news and the stench penetrated the air/
Burning into the bowels of my nostrils making me weak/
Said the brother to the sister, please stop!/
Your words are cutting too deep/
An oxymoron of strangers and stranger feats/
Her name was truth and she was destined to speak/
Met with contempt dressed in sorrow and packaged as relief/
A river of tears pouring into the troughs of the valley peaks/
Where was its end?/ chivalry died because she had no friends/
True love was up the river creek with no paddle to begin/
With the outcome or also known as the end/
Circles aren’t complete until it’s broken parts mend/
While in the mirror seal told a story of distant kin/
Where feelings mattered most and were hard to defend/
A funny tomorrow, a sunny today, a bitter memory of yesterday/
I’ve lost this war of words and what I had to say/
Attempted to retreat/
Near a symptom to a more dangerous allure/
Presupposition of a solemn truth that wasn’t to occur/
Suffocated by promises of nothing assured/
Where was the soul that beat life into submission?/
Flailing fingertips of deceptive intentions/
Each pulse intensens & its purpose spanned miles within inches/
Writing a prose that subjected its victim to its touch/
A verse riddled in its own influence and was never enough/
Her song wearing on my heart and her mark leaves its despair
Longing for her answer as if my questions were ever there/
A dance that couldn’t be followed nor matched like time/
A solo artist yet one becomes two in the eyes of the blind/
Couldn’t see the steps until we had passed that line/
A lone tune sweeps away the future and its past/
And with it me, my story, my words and my laughs/
No apologies just the misconception of how to grow grass/

Funny greens look greener when blues mixed into the mask/

No comments:

Post a Comment