Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Simple Truth

Tell me, if luck favors the prepared then how cavalier the brave must be? A drifting thought on an open breeze. Dancing with winds that embrace the main sail of the open seas. A design that puts rhythm and rhyme in the driver seat next to Time. One time. Two times. Three times. I'm counting backwards to get back to one. Since after the second time the first time was done. How's the weather; I feel the warmth of the Sun. Amazing the words we whisper to ourselves but never let crawl from under their shells. A silhouette of their former selves trapped in the image that it sells.

Can I? I need to. You know, walk up to you grab you tell you what I need you to know and what you don’t want to hear. Seeing the battle that transpires intensely when our eyes collide.  It’s an endless waltz between our story and our lives.  Yours tell me your pain with every pleasure.  Sealing your soul’s existence and capturing mine. Playing a vicious game with my heart daring me to cross this line.  And I could not be thwarted by the fear of a loss.  So I wrestled with opportunity to show him who was boss.  I knew she wouldn’t surrender softly. Wondering what this war we waged would cost me.  A price I had to pay, but this particular time was to be ever so lofty.

She stated sincerely in her deposition that she had to protect her borders. Mine were beaten drearily into submission from the surrounding waters. Her touch made it possible to see. Energy was resurrected in the moment we started to make peace. I felt the calm breeze take over. And the warmth settled over us slower and slower. She gave me her declaration saying that she wanted the nations to combine. Mine’s was a traveling nation moving through space and I didn’t know time. So I read the stipulations of the proclamation and I was satisfied with the terms.  Unfortunately she was a nomad in the desert’s heart and left before an answer was returned.

To the Guru who wrote what I have read, and displayed what I wanted to see, is there any end to this ability? Or is it bounded by simplicity transformed into complexity for your convenience? You do not have to answer a thing. Just do this for me, tell me that the thought was original. I'd appreciate that much lady. Au revoir, Madame…adieu.

1 comment:

  1. Is this a story of a forlorn lover who has lost his chance? Or is this a story of "man" who has lost his way with nature. Either way most likely Im wrong but interesting and endearing never the less.

    ReplyDelete